Sunday, August 5, 2012

Loren DeLance and Amelia Squire Family

My Uncle Adrien shared these wonderful family photos with me so that I can share them with all of you.  These are some great photos of my grandparents and their children.  I'm not certain of the year, but I'm guessing around 1960.  This is an awesome picture of my Squire aunts and uncles as follows:
Back Row from left to right: Sandra, Amelia (my grandma), LoRene, Don, Phil, DeLance
Front Row from left to right: Scott, Adrien, Jerald, DuWayne (my dad), Loren (my grandpa)
A more recent picture from 1988:
The Squire Women:
Lorna, Louise, Helen (my mom), Dixie, Dorothy, Ruth, Sandra, LoRene, Amelia (my grandma), Sarah (my great-grandma)



This is my Great-Grandma Sarah Amelia Wilson Sanders.  She is a grand lady who died when I was only 5 months old so I never had the opportunity to get to know her.  But I know that my dad loves her.  My dad lived with his Grandma and Grandpa Sanders from around the age of 6 to the age of 13.  He speaks very fondly of working side by side with her.  She had a very positive influence on my dad during these formative years.





No comments:

Post a Comment